Thursday, December 07, 2006

The idea of a relationship with a partner baffles me. I guess this comes from an attempt at a total blockoff from all things male under the age of 35 in high school. It didn't work, of course, but that doesn't mean it didn't have an effect on me either. After so long being the only person privy to my deepest secrets unless (frequently) coerced into giving them over to my sister or friend, willingly sharing my life with another person doesn't seem like such an available option. Of course, this might be because of an intrinsic fear that developed after my first boyfriend that eventually I will probably dump whoever it is I am dating at the time, because quite frankly, I'm very cynical about finding my husband as easily as finding a boyfriend. My Initial Attraction mode borders on infatuation and lasts for about a month or two until the curse of my family takes its course and I move into Bored Girlfriend mode, trying to think of ways to get this annoying person off my back. Maybe it takes practice. Hey, this time I knew after a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home